2011National Convention of GSUSA
Sign up to Volunteer at the Convention
As the host council we need as many as 800 girls and 1,500 adults to volunteer throughout the convention November 10-13, 2011, and during pre-convention activities on November 8-9, 2011. Volunteers will be able to participate one or multiple days or shifts. For each shift (3 or more hours) that volunteers serve, GSUSA is providing a complimentary day pass (estimated $125 value) that may be used the same day or another day. (This day pass does not provide access to events requiring a separate ticket.) There are many opportunities for girls or adults!
Convention Hotline: (713) 292-0400
Calling all Members
Convention volunteers – girls and adults – must be GSSJC members in good standing age 14 or older. GSSJC members who are interested in volunteering must have an e-mail address on record (may be a family e-mail) and should make sure your membership registration (the $12 annual dues to Girl Scouts of the USA) remains current between now and the convention.There is no fee associated with signing up as a general convention volunteer. Please follow this link to register as a volunteer so that we have your information in our files when we begin forming volunteer teams and communicating with volunteers.
All Girl and Adult volunteers should receive a request to complete an Interest Indicator. It is critical that all participants complete this information and submit it so that the Convention Support Team can begin making assignments and ensure you receive the appropriate size volunteer polo.
Girl Volunteer Opportunities at the Convention
Convention Volunteers must be GSSJC members in good standing age 14 or older. GSSJC members who are interested in volunteering must have an e-mail address on record and should first make sure your membership registration (the $12 annual dues to Girl Scouts of the USA) remains current between now and the convention. Then, please sign up at the link below to be included on the volunteer roster and be appointed as the work teams begin to form.
- Girls 14+ may volunteer to serve as Ushers or Guides throughout the Convention on the Convention Staffing team.
- Girls 16+ may also volunteer as a Girl Scout program mascot (Brownie Elf and Daisy Flower Friends) in the Exhibit Hall as part of the Hospitality team.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities at the Convention
Adults will have many different teams and opportunities to participate in to support the convention with teams taking on different responsibilities such as:
- Convention Staffing – ushers, guides, information booths and other support of plenary session, National Council Meetings, the Girl Scout shop at convention, etc.
- Girl Program – chaperones, seamstresses, rain garden docents and more to support the opening and closing ceremony girl performances and the Forever Green rain garden
- GSLI – adults to support the Girl Scout Leadership Institute program and girl anniversary celebration on Saturday night
- GSU and Meeting Support – providing administrative support to workshops, trainings and small meetings happening throughout the convention schedule as well as the anniversary celebration on Saturday night
- Hospitality – hostesses at the convention hotels, mascots and storytellers in the Exhibit hall, support for the GSUSA Corporate booth in the exhibit hall, and more
- Services – administrative support to our convention volunteers, our convention volunteer on-site office, and registration/check-in support for all Council delegations attending convention
- Volunteer Coordination – supporting convention volunteer check-in and check-out, shift assignments, and coordination to help our volunteers get to their post