Training Frequently Asked Questions
- Who teaches Girl Scout training courses?
San Jacinto Council facilitators conduct most classes. These volunteers give their time to share their knowledge and love of Girl Scouting with all Girl Scout adults. Some specialized classes may be delivered by Girl Scout staff members, or by special consultants or experts in a particular field.
- Do I need to register for training?
Yes! Registration is required. We encourage everyone to register early, at least two weeks prior to the class by completing the Training Registration Form and sending it to the Council office. Please complete all parts of the form. Encourage your troop committee to attend training with you.
- Where can I get registration forms?
Registration forms can be found in each issue of The Golden Link. A printable Training Registration Form is available online. Print clearly and legibly.
- What will happen if I don’t send in a registration?
Expect the following:
- You will not be notified if the course is full, canceled or re-located.
- The facilitator may not have enough course materials to accommodate drop-ins.
- Why are courses sometimes canceled?
Courses may be canceled due to:
- Course minimum not met two weeks before the date of the course. NOTE: This often happens, because people decide to “drop-in” rather than register in advance.
- Factors beyond the control of the facilitator or registrar, such as a change in the availability of the location.
- What is the minimum registration required for a course to make?
The set minimum for most courses is ten participants. Some courses, such as Outdoor Training, require a greater number of participants than other courses might. Other courses are occasionally provided to smaller audiences.
- What if I need to cancel from a course?
Please call the training registrar as early as possible. Your call may give someone else the opportunity to attend the course.
- How will I know if I have been accepted into a course?
If your registration was sent at least two weeks before the course date, you will receive a confirmation card or email. If you do not receive a confirmation card, contact the training registrar at 1 (800) 392-4340 or (713) 292-0238. If your registration was sent less than two weeks before the course date, you may not receive acknowledgement that you are registered.
- What do I do if my training session runs through the lunch hour?
If your class runs through the noon hour, please bring a lunch/drink unless otherwise indicated within the course description. The Girl Scout Center has soft drinks available in vending machins for a dollar each.
- What if I have special needs?
It is recommended that volunteers with special needs make their needs known when registering so facilitators can prepare accordingly. Most of the facilities used by San Jacinto Council are handicap accessible.