Training Frequently Asked Questions
- Who teaches Girl Scout training courses?
San Jacinto Council facilitators conduct most
classes. These volunteers give their time to share their knowledge and love
of Girl Scouting with all Girl Scout adults. Some specialized classes may
be delivered by Girl Scout staff members, or by special consultants or experts
in a particular field.
- Do I need to register for training?
Yes! Registration is required. We encourage everyone to register early,
at least two weeks prior to the class by completing the Training
Registration Form and sending it to the Council office. Please complete all parts of
the form. Encourage your troop committee to attend training with you.
- Where can I get registration forms?
Registration forms can be found in each issue of The
A printable Training
Registration Form is available online.
Print clearly and legibly.
- What will happen if I don’t send in a registration?
Expect the following:
- You will not be notified if the course is full, canceled or re-located.
- The facilitator may not have enough course materials to accommodate drop-ins.
- Why are courses sometimes canceled?
Courses may be canceled due to:
- Course minimum not met two weeks before the date of the course.
NOTE: This often happens, because people decide
to “drop-in” rather
than register in advance.
- Factors beyond the control of the facilitator or registrar, such as
a change in the availability of the location.
- What is the minimum registration required for a course to make?
The set minimum for most courses is ten participants. Some courses, such as Outdoor Training, require a greater number of participants than other courses might. Other courses are occasionally provided to smaller audiences.
- What if I need to cancel from a course?
Please call the training registrar as early as possible. Your call
may give someone else the opportunity to attend the course.
- How will I know if I have been accepted into a course?
If your registration was sent at least two weeks before the course
date, you will receive a confirmation card or email. If you do not receive
a confirmation card, contact the training registrar at 1 (800)
392-4340 or (713) 292-0238. If your registration was sent less than two
weeks before the course date, you may not receive acknowledgement
that you are registered.
- What do I do if my training session runs through the lunch hour?
If your class runs through the noon hour, please bring a lunch/drink
unless otherwise indicated within the course description. The Girl
Scout Center has soft drinks available in vending machins for a
- What if I have special needs?
It is recommended that volunteers with special needs make their needs
known when registering so facilitators can prepare accordingly. Most
of the facilities used by San Jacinto Council are handicap accessible.