Note: this news item was originally posted on Nov. 12 and updated Dec. 7 with revised deadlines.
Calling all Girl Scouts! We are excited to bring you our own rendition of the nationally syndicated show, America's Got Talent. Girl Scouts are super talented and now it is your chance to shine in the spotlight. We are looking for girls from GSSJC who would like to showcase their talent and compete to win a trip to Universal Studios Orlando or Los Angeles. Girls are asked to submit a two-minute video showcasing their amazing talent. Videos can be of girls singing, dancing, performing magic, painting, playing an instrument, etc. It is up to you! You could be the first-ever winner of Girl Scouts Got Talent and win the grand prize of a trip to Universal Studios and, of course, bragging rights.
You could win a trip to Orlando or LA!
- First Place: A trip for two to visit Universal Studios in Orlando, FL or Los Angeles, CA, which includes round trip flights, two nights in a hotel and park hopper passes for both people to Universal Studios. *Winner gets to choose destination and can redeem the trip through the summer of 2022.
- Second Place: Four tickets to Houston Ballet with private tour
- Third Place: Two tickets of your choice to a Broadway-style production in Houston
How It Works
The winner of the Girl Scouts Got Talent competition will be selected over the course of six rounds:
- Round 1: Troop Level – Submit your video to this site by Dec. 13. Troops can submit multiple entries. Link closes at midnight on Dec. 13 and cannot be reopened.
- Round 2: Community Level – All videos that were submitted will be watched and voted on by a panel of judges in each Community. They choose the top three that will move on to online voting. Online voting will open on Dece. 21 and close on Dec. 31.
- Round 3: Quadrants – A panel of local Houston talent will narrow Community winners down to five in each quadrant. Quadrants will be made of splitting our council into north, south, east and west. Scores tallied and top 20 are contacted.
- Round 4: Top 20 – Top five in each quadrant will perform live for a panel of judges, voting will be open to the general public with a top eight advancing. Jan. 12-15 - live competitions for Regions. Top eight selected and contacted.
- Round 5: Finals – Top eight vote perform live on the air to compete for the grand prize trip to Universal Studios. A celebrity judge will be on the air to pick the winner of Girl Scouts Got Talent. Live event Jan. 21. Winner selected!
Video Submission Rules:
- For rounds 1-3 a short two-minute video will need to be submitted of you performing your talent.
- Talent submissions can include but is not limited to: singing, dancing, variety acts, magic, speed painting, etc. Whatever talent you choose must be able to be performed live on the air.
- There should be no more than two people in each video.
- Everyone in the video must be a current member of Girl Scouts.
- Your talent should be able to transfer to a live (4-5 minute) performance if you are selected to move forward in the competition.
- At the top of your video, please state your name, age, Girl Scout level and talent before you begin your performance.
- If your video makes it to the top 20 live competitions, your talent needs to remain the same. Do not submit a singing video and change your talent to magic halfway through the competition.
- This video will be used all the way until top 20 of the competition and will be seen by voters and guest judges. Please use good sound, lighting and video quality when submitting.
- Girls do not need to wear their Girl Scout uniform in their video.