Girl Scouts plans to debut an enhanced member account management
system later in early December. We are on track to undergo this update
beginning the evening of Nov. 18, and we want to make sure that our
volunteer and member communities are ready.
This upgrade will temporarily take key membership, registration and volunteer platforms offline including: Volunteer Toolkit (VTK), MyGS and Looker.
Here is what you can do now to get ready:
- Provide a unique email address for each member of your household. This will be required to login to our updated environment later this fall. You can login to MyGS to review and update the email addresses currently on file for you and your family.
- Register by this Sunday, Nov. 15 for activities taking place through Dec. 13. Registration for these activities will close on Sunday, Nov. 15. Activity registration will reopen when the new platform launches in December.
- Renew any lapsed memberships or undeclared volunteer roles.
- Log in to the Online Community before Nov. 18 if you have not done so in the past two months. This step will prompt you to verify your contact email and mobile number which will drive your access to the Online Community when MyGS is unavailable.
- Troop leaders: download all meeting plans and/or resources needed from VTK for troop meetings between Nov. 18 and early December. Login now.
- CLTs/CSTs: download all Looker reports to support your community role when the system is offline between Nov. 18 and early December. Login now.
Please keep an eye on the Online Community for video previews of
the upcoming changes to MyGS, soon to be called MyAccount. Troop
leaders and administrative volunteers should have received additional
information by email earlier this week.
In the coming weeks we will continue to share information and updates with our member and volunteer communities. Please watch for important reminders in future emails and council newsletters.
Thank you for your patience while we work to enhance your Girl Scout member experience and upgrade our technology platforms to better support you.