All members participating in the 2021 Cookie Program and interacting with customers MUST wear a mask that covers the nose, mouth and chin at all times. If using face shields, these must be worn with a mask that covers nose, mouth and chin and cannot be used to replace masks.
For door-to-door sales taking place in-person:
- Girl must always wear face coverings and follow CDC guidelines for her area.
- When a customer answers the door, the girl must maintain a social distance of at least six feet.
- Girls should never allow the customer to handle her order card, pen or phone.
- Girls can use the Smart Cookie app to complete the customer information and enter the order. This allows the customers to pay by credit card.
- If the girl has cookies in hand, she can take payment, then leave the package in a pre-determined location for the customer to retrieve after she has stepped back. Cash payments can be left in an envelope or paid by credit card using the Smart Cookies app.
- Girls can use door hangers with a QR code linked to their personal Smart Cookies URL. Girls then arrange a drop-off date/time/location to deliver via porch drop-off.
- Booths must be held outside.
- Members must wear a mask that covers the nose, mouth and chin at all times.
- Booth can have no more than five members present. (Two adults and maximum of three girls.)
- Members must always maintain a social distance of six feet or more.
- Table(s) should be used to ensure social distancing from customers. Members must always remain behind the table.
- Hand sanitizer, provided by the troop, should be available at each table.
- Booths must be located a minimum of 15 feet away from the entrance of the business where the booth is being held.
- Cashless payments are encouraged. Adults should handle the cash. Latex or nitrile gloves are encouraged when handling cash. Use hand sanitizer often if not wearing gloves.
- Assign jobs for the entire booth (i.e. one person handles money, one handles packing order).
- Consider using a six-foot table lengthwise rather than horizontally to help maintain social distance with cookie customers.
- Clean tables several times throughout the booth.
- Use hand sanitizer between every customer interaction.
- Use posters to alert customers to maintain social distancing and wear face coverings while at the booth.
- Use posters to advertise price and goals to encourage social distancing.
- Print cookie varieties and nutritional information on posters so customers do not handle packages of cookies. Place fact sheets in a plastic sleeve to be wiped down between interactions.
- Use bins or trays for safe money transactions such as plastic shoe boxes or cookie sheets so that it can easily be cleaned between transactions.