Volunteer and Community Award Nomination Forms
If you know of a volunteer(s) or community partner who goes over and above the expectations for their role, and who is always eager to learn more through Council trainings—nominate them for a National or Council award! It takes five easy steps:
1. Start by reviewing the volunteer work of a nominee and ensuring that all her/his activities are documented on a current Volunteer Service Record (F-122)
a. Are they a registered member in good standing (current and not on the Debt List)?
b. What positions have they held and for how long?
c. What training have they taken?
d. What have they done beyond their role to stand out and exemplify the Girl Scout model?
2. Read through ALL nomination materials (available on the Forms site or in online form) to understand what needs to be submitted for a complete award nomination. Collect ALL documentation before you begin. The online nomination FORM MUST BE COMPLETED IN ONE SITTING and with all nomination letters attached for submission.
3. Solicit at least three letters of endorsement from other volunteers who have worked with the nominee or benefited from their hard work. These endorsers should be named as signers on the nomination form and must also be adult members in good standing. One nominator may be a staff member. You may not self-nominate.
4. Complete the ONLINE Adult Recognitions Nomination Form for National and Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council Awards including Community and Family Award nominations, or Ervan Chew or President’s Awards in paper form. Attach endorsement letters (F-54a) and an F-122 (except for Community Awards and Ervan Chew Award). Up to six documents can be attached to the online application. If you have more than six documents to attach, please email, fax or send USPS to the council office to the attention of the Adult Recognition Committee.
*All paper forms are available under Forms on the GSSJC website or in the links below.
5. Please note that editable forms have to be downloaded and saved prior to completion or your completed information will not be saved.
6. Submit the online form with required documents attached (or all paper forms) to the Council Adult Recognition Committee by the due date of February 15 for Adult Recognition Event. March 15 is the deadline for spring Community events and 8-12 weeks ahead for all other events.
Nomination packet forms must be complete and include all required documentation to be processed by the Adult Recognition Committee. Partial nomination packets will not be accepted. All nomination packets require three individual letters of nomination for each awardee.
NOTE: If you are submitting nominations for multiple awards under the below drop-downs, please submit them ONE at a time to ensure all your data is received. Thank you.
Adult Recognition Nomination
Family Award Nomination
Community Service Award Nomination