Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council
Volunteer Terms and Conditions
By selecting a Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council volunteer role and/or initiating the volunteer on-boarding process with Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council, you agree to comply with all Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Councils terms and conditions for volunteer roles including those listed below:
- I understand that the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a pluralistic movement, committed to understanding our similarities and differences, building relationships and promoting a dialogue of acceptance and respect. I also understand that each individual involved with Girl Scouting must uphold the tenet that Girl Scouting is for all girls.
- I agree to abide by the Council’s Volunteer Agreement and Code of Conduct.
- I agree to a background check in order to help ensure the safety of the youth served through Girl Scouting. I understand that volunteering with the Council is a privilege, and not a right.
- I also agree to the Council’s Criminal Background Check and Volunteer Screening Policies and Procedures.
- I understand that I may not hold a volunteer position if I have any debt with the Council (whether related to cookie sales or otherwise), have committed a felony or reside with a registered sex offender.
- I agree to make the necessary time commitment and take the necessary training to fulfill my volunteer role, and to otherwise comply with reasonable requests related to my volunteer role.
- I agree to respect and maintain the confidentiality of information related to Girl Scouts, its girls, its volunteers or staff to which I am exposed while serving as a volunteer. When in doubt, I will treat all such information as confidential. Examples of privileged information include personal details like contact and financial information, camp locations and health/medical information.
- I agree to comply with the Council’s policies, operational procedures and Ways of Work, F-433, Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints in addition to any specific procedures applicable to any role which I may accept.