What is The Emerald Circle scholarship?
A scholarship awarded to graduating senior Gold Award Girl Scouts.
What are the eligibility requirements?
The eligibility requirements are:
- Girls must be current members of GSSJC
- Must have earned the Gold Award prior to submitting the application deadline
- Must be enrolled to attend a University or higher learning institute in the upcoming semester
- Only applications received during the calendar year of high school graduation will be considered
How many scholarships are awarded?
Typically, 20 – 30 scholarships are granted each year. Scholarships are funded by donations made to The Emerald Circle, therefore available funds can fluctuate each year.
How are scholarship recipients selected?
All applications are initially reviewed for completeness, and checked against a list of common disqualifying factors. Once this initial review is passed, the all-volunteer Emerald Circle scholarship selection committee will review applications and select scholarship recipients.
How do I apply?
Visit this page after between January 1 and February 15 or September 15 and November 1 to access to the online application. Applications will only be considered during the calendar year of an applicant's high school graduation after the applicant has earned her Gold Award.
What information is required to apply?
In addition to completion of the online form below, applicants are required to upload the following prior to submission:
- Essay – “Your One Most Meaningful Girl Scout Experience and Why”
- Maximum of 500 words, 2 pages, double-spaced, 10 – 12 point font
- Be sure to use correct grammar, punctuation and spelling
- All work must be your own original writing.
- Resume – Describe your academic and extra-curricular activities
- Maximum two pages, 10 – 12 point font, written to follow supplied guidelines. The template can be downloaded below in the application section.
- Proof of GSSJC Membership for the current membership year
- Submission of signed signature page to application