Helping Our Community Heal
As our community faces the aftermath of the Santa Fe High School tragedy, here are some resources that may offer support as you begin the difficult task of answering questions from our children.
- The 2-1-1 Texas/United Way HELPLINE
- GSUSA has a post about how to talk with your daughter about violence and hate. Find it here.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) has published a guide to help teens deal with traumatic grief. Find it here.
- The NTCSN also has a guide to help caregivers talk with younger children with traumatic grief. Find it here.
- Girl Scout Kimberly Vaughan was one of the victims of this tragedy. It is her mother's, Rhonda Hart’s, wish that those looking to support her family at this time commit to completing a good turn or random act of kindness in Kimberly’s name to help make the world a better a place. To keep the kindness going, we encourage you to share your good deed on social media to inspire others.
- As a way of honoring all those affected by the Santa Fe High School shootings, Volunteer Houston, a Points of Light affiliate, in collaboration with Jim Mcingvale and Gallery Furniture, call upon the voices of our community to ask for your help to pay tribute to the bright stars dimmed by this senseless tragedy. Create a Star of Santa Fe to share your messages of support and hope with the community of Santa Fe. Download the star template here or visit Gallery Furniture.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our community.