Rain is expected tomorrow during our Mega Drop at Sam Houston Race Park, and safety is our top priority for tomorrow's event. We are closely monitoring the weather, and there is a rain plan in place: we will begin communicating with you at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning to notify you of the latest updates, including any rain delays. You can also check our Facebook and Twitter accounts as well as gssjc.org for these updates.
In addition, we have a few friendly reminders that will help make the day run smoothly for you:
- Check your email, social media and gssjc.org - this is where you will find the latest updates on tomorrow's Mega Drop, including any rain delays.
- Be safe - if you cannot meet your volunteer or pick up time due to severe weather in your area, please arrive when it is safe for you to do so.
- Bring your rain gear - raincoats, ponchos, rain boots and hats are recommended during your volunteer shift. Please do not bring umbrellas.
- Cookies should be picked up in closed vehicles - this means no open-air trailers or truck beds with no cover. Consider asking for additional cars to join you, if needed.
- Please be patient - we anticipate longer lines due to the rain and thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as our volunteers work to load everyone's cookie orders quickly and safely.
Thank you again for your participation in the Girl Scout Cookie Program. Look for our updates tomorrow morning, and we look forward to seeing you at Mega Drop.